There is more to school than academics.

September2

I have spent this week at the school with teachers learning and planning together. We are all SO excited to get to school Tuesday and see the kids! I’m dead serious. It is electric when the staff all come back from a long holiday and they all want to be here. They love their jobs and I love them as a staff. They are the most caring, thoughtful group of people I could be lucky enough to work with.

I have met with several families in the past few weeks, giving tours for kids who just need to see the school one more time before the first day. For all of you who have kids who are a little nervous, please remind them that nervous and excited are the same physical feeling. It’s the mindset that is different. If you can change “I am scared” to “I am excited” by focusing on what is going to be good, then you feel better about school starting.

Teachers are planning so that each child is considered and honoured. It’s our job to meet your child right where they are and move each of them forward in their social, emotional, physical and academic growth. Teachers will be spending the first weeks to create a culture of caring and learning in their classrooms and a sense of community with their kids. Do not expect a lot of worksheets or projects in the first month!

Our maintenance department have been working tirelessly to create a welcoming, safe, kid-friendly space. They take so much pride in making sure our building and school grounds are in the best condition possible for our students and we all appreciate them so much!

We will all be here to welcome you all back on Tuesday. We need you to know we have this. We’ve got them. We can’t wait. You make sure you turn “I’m nervous” to “I’m excited”, too.  Aside from the challenge of making lunches each day, you should be feeling good about your children returning to our care at school next week.

There is much more to school than academics. We know it and we live it here. We care about your child as a person and intend to spend the year helping him/her grow as a person.

Can’t wait to see you all Tuesday morning!

Stacy

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar